The number of Internet users is on the rise every single day and this has made the Internet one of the most reliable ways of marketing a brand or a product. Every other company that is new in the market immediately jumps into paid Internet advertising because of the many advantages of online advertising. If you are considering marketing your product on the Internet, let’s take a deeper look at the advantages this platform offers.
What are the advantages of Online Advertising?
There are many traditional methods of advertising like the regular TV commercials or setting out big hoardings. But one major disadvantage about traditional advertising is that only a small number of people actually take notice of a new product or brand. On the other hand, online advertising offers a much broader audience and targets your product to the people that are actually looking for something like it. Here are all the major advantages of online advertising–
- Online advertising is rather affordable as compared to traditional advertising methods. You can decide on your own budget and change it on the basis of the results you get whenever you want.
- Online advertising is not limited to a certain country or a continent. One of the best things about advertising on the Internet is that your product gets the opportunity to reach out to a global audience. A global coverage will give you more beneficial results as compared to a limited audience.
- Another advantage offered by online advertising is that it gives you the freedom of accessing the results every now and then. On the basis of those results, you can always strategize or make a decision about the kind of budget you are going to invest.
- The methods of payments are more flexible and you will not be forced to make huge amounts of payments initially. You can start out by investing small amounts and then decide whether you want to invest more or not.
- Online advertisements are more informative in nature and they are also an easy way of keeping the audience engaged. As soon the visitor lands on your website, he will be able to understand the product better and thus make a purchase.
Things to do before you start for this option-
Now that you are convinced about the various advantages of online advertising, you must consider a few things before you invest your hard-earned money on the Internet. Here is a list of 8 things to do before you decide to jump into paid Internet advertising-
- You need to understand how longtail keywords work and how Google works around them. Google AdWords is a very helpful tool when you are completely new to this area. Your keywords must not focus on targeting a large audience, instead, they must target the audience that is actually searching the Internet for the exact products you offer. Longer keywords are more specific in nature and thus they offer the most useful traffic.
- In order to know the most traffic-oriented keywords, you can make use of many tools available in the market today. One of the tools is Reader Poll that takes a survey and tells you about the exact product your customers are looking for. This way you will know what keywords to use to earn a high-quality audience.
- You need to be clear about the kind of advertisements you want to put on the Internet. Whether it should be all text or it should a type of banner, it all matters. This is because depending on the type of audience you are looking to target, it is absolutely necessary to choose the best type of ad. As a safety measure, you can start off by testing a large number of audiences on different platforms and on the basis of the results; you can make the final decision of choosing one source.
- You must know the territory you are going to target thoroughly. Display ads are based on the pay-per-click method while texting ads less expensive and more successful in finding the right target. Whether you are choosing Google, Bing, Facebook or Yahoo as your platform, make sure that you know it head over heels.
- In order to keep track of the results you get from paid internet advertising, you need to keep track of each and every one of your ad. Google Analytics makes doing this an easy task plus it is free of cost. You can create a customized URL for every ad you put out and this tool will help you in monitoring the performances. This will help you in finding out which platform is bringing in the most traffic and which platform is not working for you.
- Make sure that you have created a landing page for all your visitors instead of directing them to your home page. This will make it easier for the visitors to make a purchase without getting lost in your website. Also, landing pages are easier to track and you can count the number of visitors that visit your website every single day.
- In order to convert a visitor into a customer, every page they land on should have call-to-action. If you are not able to push a visitor into taking an action, that visit is going to be completely wasted. All that money that you are investing in online advertising is going down the drain!
- Last but not the least; do not get into the habit of reviewing your results every single day. This may force you to change your strategy every now and then. Instead, set up a defined time period when you sit down with other members of your company and review the results. Pull out every single analytic and make future plans on the basis of the conversion rates.
If you follow the above-mentioned tips and choose the best platform for marketing and advertising your products online, you may just be able to make the best of it!