If you’re looking to sell online, osCommerce could be a good solution for you. As an open source shopping cart software, osCommerce has been knocking around in e-business field for 17 years and proud of creating hundreds of thousands of online store owners worldwide. With tons of renowned web hosting providers in the industry reviewed on performance, price value, and tech support, our Best osCommerce Hosting award goes to SiteGround, Bluehost and Bisend.
Don’t know why? Stay with us.
Top 3 Best osCommerce Hosting
SiteGround—Best osCommerce Hosting
SiteGround (www.siteground.com) is a well-known company, which prides itself on five best facilities in the world with the most powerful and innovative hardware housed. The hosting company has great recommendations and the osCommerce hosting is one of them.
As is known to every webmaster, performance and reliability is extremely important for online stores. Obviously, SiteGround stands out from the competition because it is capable of delivering superb speed and uptime experience. Driven by the latest SSD technology and using the fastest Nginx web servers along with free CloudFlare CDN and HTTP/2 services, SiteGround’s servers significantly boost the page loading times of the osCommerce sites. Importantly, the web host keeps inventing advanced web hosting security solutions to make sure 99.99% uptime on average.
Additionally, SiteGround has award-winning customer care. Their support team can be reached in phone, livechat, or email, around the clock. All the support staffs are skilled and ready to solve customers’ questions as soon as they are requested. What’s also worth mentioning that SiteGround is famous for a comprehensive knowledgebase with an ample amount of tutorials, webinars, and an intuitive setup wizard included.
Currently, SiteGround osCommerce hosting comes with three plans:
- StartUp—$3.95/mo—it can host 1 website with 100GB storage, unmetered data transfer, unlimited sub and parked domains, plus unlimited email accounts. The plan is suitable for online stores with less than 10,000 monthly visits.
- GrowBig—$5.95/mo— store owners can host unlimited websites on it, with unlimited storage, data transfer sub and parked domains, and email accounts. It also gives free Premium Backup & Restore Service and free Premium Support, and allows for maximum monthly visits of 25,000.
- GoGeek—$11.95/mo—unlimited websites can be hosted with the plan. Besides the same features included in the GrowBig plan, it exclusively supports up to 5 backups on demand, uses PCI compliant servers, and has pre-installed Git and staging features.
Overall, SiteGround provides great value. SiteGround osCommerce hosting is reasonably priced and features advanced features, making it ideal for running small to large osCommerce stores.
Try SiteGround(www.siteground.com), it has a 30-day money back guarantee.
Bluehost—Secure osCommerce Hosting
Bluehost (www.bluehost.com) is an experienced cloud-based hosting provider. As the officially recognized hosting company, Bluehost is e-commerce friendly by offering 1-click osCommerce install and osCommerce optimized servers.
The main reason why Bluehost is welcomed by thousands of osCommerce users is the industry-leading security features. In addition to standard resource protection tool, secure POP3 and IMAP support, and automatic backup service, Bluehost osCommerce hosting has been packaged optional add-ons like dedicate IPs, SSL certificates, domain privacy, SiteLock, Site Backup Pro, and Spam Protection. Meanwhile, all the servers are built using top-of-the-line components therefore being fast and reliable.
Bluehost has three osCommerce hosting solutions to choose from:
- Basic—$2.95/mo—this plan is includes 1 website, 50GB web space, unlimited bandwidth, 5 parked domain and 25 subdomain. Store owners are allowed to create up to 5 emails accounts with per email storage at 100MB.
- Plus—$5.45/mo—apart from unlimited websites hosted and unlimited web space, bandwidth, and email accounts, the plan gives extra $200 marketing offers and 1 SpamExperts.
- Prime—$5.45/mo—the most recommended plan. It supports hosting unlimited websites, creating unlimited email accounts, and assigning unlimited web space and bandwidth. Exclusively, the plan has free SpamExperts, domain privacy, Site Backup, and $200 marketing offers.
Best of all, Bluehost osCommerce hosting offers a free domain for all store owners. The hosting company also promises to give full refund if customers are not satisfied with its osCommerce hosting service and terminates their accounts within the first 30 days.
Now, go to Bluehost(www.bluehost.com) to try out this great solution.
Bisend—Cheap osCommerce Hosting
When it comes the most cost-efficient osCommerce hosting service, Bisend (www.bisend.com) beats most strong competitors by combining cutting-edge technologies with professional, friendly customer service.
Bisend offers fully SSD-driven osCommerce hosting. There are three options available:
- Standard—$2.95/mo—customers can create 1 osCommerce site with 10GB disk space, 50GB bandwidth, and 50 email accounts.
- Pro—$5.45/mo—the most popular solution. It is bundled with ample hosting resources, like 5 websites hosted, unlimited disk space and bandwidth, plus 100 email accounts.
- Business—$9.95/mo—designed for larger e-commerce sites, the plan doesn’t limits the usage of hosting resources and promises faster speeds than other two plans.
For security purpose, Bisend includes a free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate in all osCommerce hosting accounts. Importantly, the web host itself is selling advanced certs from Symantec, Comodo, GeoTrust, DigiCert and other globally known CAs. In other words, Bisend can be a one-stop shop for them. To optimize performance, the hosting company utilizes two state-of-the-art data centers in Hong Kong and Chicago. It also partners with multiple Tier-1 bandwidth carriers to ensure fast connection.
As any reputable hosting providers, Bisend is serious about customer satisfaction. One of the efforts to improve customer service is building a robust support team, members of which are knowledgeable and experienced in hosting business. Customers can consult any questions about osCommerce or web hosting at any time, 24/7/365, and via live chat, email or ticketing system.
Interested in Bisend osCommerce hosting? Feel free to purchase a plan from Bisend(www.bisend.com) because it guarantees a 30-day refund policy.
What Is osCommerce & How To Choose?
osCommerce is not only a store management platform but also a e-commerce software solution. Different from most ambitious e-commerce software solutions that try to integrate with all services to meet all users’ needs, osCommerce is a purely online merchant tool. It provides only the most commonly needed features and functionality.
osCommerce Online Merchant Features
- Support for unlimited product & categories
- Automatically calculate shipping fees based on different carrier
- Easy backed up and features restorable database
- Multiple languages support
- Multiple payment option support
osCommerce also supports a set of free and premium third-party plugins and modules to extend functionality.
In order to choose a reliable osCommerce hosting service, one should ensure the hosting provider supports PHP 4 or 5 and MySQL 4 or 5 database application. It could be much better if the web host offers 1-click osCommerce install and setup.
Is that enough? Absolutely not. A reliable osCommerce provider typically has e-commerce optimized servers, free SSL certificates, free store transfer, and 24/7 support specializing in e-commerce. If you’ve already been using osCommerce and firmly believe it’s ideal for your e-commerce store, going with a reliable osCommerce hosting specialist can help keep your online store site running smoothly and you can have more time concentrating on boosting your online sales.
2 thoughts on “Best osCommerce Hosting”
Want to start a shopping cart with Bluehost because I found it is an officially recommended hosting provider by osCommerce.com. But don’t know whether they can help me with the setup.
According to my knowledge, Bluehost don’t offer free setup service for osCommerce. But don’t worry, there is 1-click osCommerce install–MOJO Marketplace. And if you unfortunately have problems in the process, you can consult Bluehost’s support team, they’re trained and will does their best to assist you.