Joomla is considered as a great thought for the website development and it comes with a simple installation process supported by a set of requirements. Using Joomla you can increase the perfection of websites with an awesome interface.
There are some backgrounds you require for the installation of Joomla:
- Website hosting: Hosting is a major part of Joomla installation. Before beginning installation, Joomla setup checks for all basic necessities like “MySQL 5.04 with best standards”, “PHP v 5.2 and related programming tools”, “Apache 1.3 and supporting applications”. Make sure your Joomla hosting has met all above features.
- Database in MySQL: Joomla installation needs the assessing ability to MySQL database with “A host name”, “Database (DB) name”, “A standard username”, “Secured Password”
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Client – This is necessary for transferring files to server.
- Final version of Joomla 1.7 with instructions.
As the first part of installation you have to transfer the installation file to the server. You can do this either by direct downloading of Joomla to server and unzip it, or by opening the installation file in your computer and copy all files to the server. Joomla is required to be unpacked to the source of the website.
After the complete transfer you have to access Joomla installation through the web browser by entering the folder location of the installation files are moved. Then you will get an installation supporting webpage.
- Step 1: At first step, select the language for the installation. Now you have to click ‘Next’ button on the right top corner.
- Step 2: This step involves the setup to check the system requirements for the smooth functioning of Joomla installation. In the right top corner you can see ‘Yes’ in green color for respective requirement, if all requirements are satisfied. In case of any shortcoming, a ‘No’ in red color will correspond to the unavailability. You can make appropriate corrections there before proceeding further.
- Step 3: It holds the license installation of Joomla as it deals with the license agreement. You can simply click ‘Next’ button on the top right after checking the option.
- Step 4: This step confirms the database management related to your website and integrates connection of your database with Joomla. You are required to enter details like Host Name, Database Type, User name, Database name, and Database prefix for the MySQL functioning you have created. The connection can be set after providing correct details. You can also change the order or the names in the Joomla table here.
- Step 5: This step relates to the FTP configuration which can be added, if required.
- Step 6: Finally, enter the site name, username, password, administration email id and other details. It also carries an option to install sample content.
Now Joomla is installed completely. At last, remove the installation directory and Joomla from the server by clicking “Remove Installation” button to ensure security for your site. It will prevent trespassing into your website.