If you are running websites for your online business, you must notice that there is a large swell of personality in various digital experiences. Also, you may find that more and more vendors or providers online invest more and more in custom, private, or personal services and experience for their customers.
Of course, for many startups or beginners, you may not have redundant budgets on customizing user experience, but you can have good eCommerce platform to get abundant tools or tips to deliver better user experience or customer service. For example, if you are running a WordPress website for your online store, then using WooCommerce can make you receive plenty of ways to personalize it for your different shoppers.
In below, we will compose a simple guide on how to personalize WooCommerce for your store to better serve different customer groups. Let’s get started.
#1 Offer Personalized Product Recommendation
Considering personalizing your eCommerce based on WooCommerce platform, the first thing coming into mind should be your product recommendations. Better personalized recommendation can effectively increase your conversion rate and sales revenues. For personalized product recommendation, there are a variety of types offered to your eCommerce store’s visitors. The following three types are effective:
- Purchase history is one of the best effective product recommendations for those customers ever purchased your products before, because it can crease your brand image and enhance their trust on your store.
- Product browsing history is also a good reference to make the product recommendation. Based on what shoppers are searching for or looking at, you can better define what they are really interested in on your site.
- Products’ accompaniments are the products related to the products customers have purchased, and they are likely to use them with the items bought before or to be purchased.
If you ever purchased things at Tianmao, Taobao, or Amazon, you can find that Tianmao and Taobao are using the first two product recommendation ways, and Amazon is using the three all well, on their homepages as well as product pages:
If you are using WooCommerce for your WordPress eCommerce website, there are some options which can help you offer shoppers the personalized product recommendations:
- The first is Recommendation Engine, which is a very popular option specially designed to offer the three products recommendations above.
- The second one is Personalization, a multi-platform SaaS-style service, which comes with a dedicated integration specifically for WooCommerce.
#2 Give Personalized Messaging For Registered Shoppers
Besides personalized product recommendation, you can keep in touch with your regular customers with personalized messaging. That is to greet them by name. It is very simple, but can bring great effect on purchase and conversion rate.
Accenture every made a survey about this, and the result showed that there are 56% respondents saying they would be very likely to purchase at an online store which welcomes them with their names.
However, it is really hard to find a proper way to welcome your shoppers by first names, when the method is completely applied to WooCommerce. Finally, we find a short code snippet of Mike Obderick which codes a shot code for registered users and customers. In detail, the shortcode for registered users will show a welcome message with their first names; the shortcode for customers can display a custom message or no message.
Sometimes, people do not use their real name to register. If that, it still works.
As for the message displayed, you of course have to add the exact content in actual code. After that, you can use your custom plugins or founctions.php (Code Snippets software) to add the custom code to your eCommerce website. Once done, the custom message can be displayed anywhere you want by the shortcode of [ welcome_message ].
You can create separate shortcode with the same code you customize with real needs, so that you can show various messages at different places. Of course, if you are a code expert, you can make full use of wp_current_user function to make it by yourself. The following example will show the first name of the current user:
Remember to add a fallback for those shoppers who have not registered.
#3 Provide Discounts Based On Customer Behavior
Discount is the favorite thing that shoppers love most. If the discounts are depending on their own actual behaviors, it is better. The discounts can be offered based on:
- Specific products that your customers ever purchased
- The frequency of purchase or how long it has been since your customers’ last purchase.
- Your shoppers’ loyalty.
As for offering different discount types, you can also have different good choices of plugins to get started smoother:
- WooCommerce Memberships is a good eCommerce website’s partner to offer the discounts according to your shopper’s loyalty. Just as the plugin’s name says, WooCommerce Memberships allows you to build up your own shopping club where you can offer special deals to the most loyal shoppers.
- WooCommerce Points and Rewards is the plugin allowing you to offer your shoppers points for their purchase made on your eCommerce site. Then, they can use these points to get back different coupons.
- Metorik is a powerful tool to help you filter out your shoppers quickly according to their behaviors. Then, you can send different coupons to different customer sets via email based on these filtered segments. Although the tool requires some annual actions, its deep segmentation is worth it.
- ReMarkety, a SaaS-style email marketing service, allows you to send discounts, product recommendations, and more by integrating with WooCommerce.
#4 Sell Fully Personalized Products
We believe that there are a number of people thing WooCommerce is good for the already-made products sold on it only. That is to say, customers can only purchase the same products excepting their basic choices like sizes and colors.
It may be true for core WooCommerce software only. However, when integrating with proper add-ons, you can still sell completely personalized products via WooCommerce. Actually, we are talking about the things such as engravings, custom materials, gift messages as well as mix-and-match selections.
In below, we will show you an example of Qüero Handmade Shoes as a good illustration of the action we just mentioned.
The shoes store is using WooCommerce to sell shoes. With WooCommerce, the store display a section where it allows customers to completely customize their shoes from side by side:
The example above really shows how to sell personalized products via your WooCommerce store perfectly. To make it work, WooCommerce is not enough, you have to get some WooCommerce software add-ons:
- Product Add-Ons can help you to add extra fields such as checkboxes, text areas, and so on.
- Composite Products is to assist you to build up “product kits” with individual components which can also be configured as well.
- WooCommerce Additional Variation Images is to let you add variation images to help your customers get the final product look, regardless of how much they will customize.
Of course, there are the basic plugins for WooCommerce stores to make their personalized products for better sales and conversion rate. If you have more requirements, you may need more plugins to help you. But don’t worry. These basic plugins are enough to support you get started well to personalize your WooCommerce store for different customers. If you do need more, you can check out our best cheap hosting list where some web host offers premium WooCommerce hosting with rich features you could need.