If you want to build a good online presence for yourself or your business, you need to take a hard look at some successful websites ideas and implement those ideas into your plan. In order to make your website stand out in the long line of websites and blogs, you must try to follow these steps.
Necessary steps for building a website
Listed below are the most important steps or the most successful websites ideas that have to be taken care of before you can start your own website. Here they are-
Step 1: Planning
Before taking any further step, you must plan out your website and the purpose of your website. You need to build a plan that focuses on your customers or audience only while keeping your goals in mind.
Step 2: Choose a web host
WordPress is the most commonly used platform for building a website. It is free of cost and quite easy to use. Next steps are choosing a web host, try to find a web host that is not too costly, offers many domain names and also offers easy installation of WordPress. If you want to expand your business with a large number of websites in the future, go for a host that offers a large bandwidth. Generally, web hosting will cost you around $10 per month.
Step 3: Choose a domain
A domain name will be the URL of your website as well as the name it will go by. So choose the domain name wisely, it must be catchy and it must also be easy to remember. A complicated domain name can be a major turn-off for your readers. Generally, a domain name will cost you around $10-$20 per year. You can also link your domain name with your web host; this makes it easy to make the content appear for a worldwide audience.
Step 4: Designing
Designing your website is another major step that needs a lot of attention and takes time. Keep in mind to keep your website simple and elegant. It should be able to deliver your message in the most normal manner, your website must never cry for attention. Also, the design must be easy to use. The users must fall in love with your user interface as soon they visit the website.
Step 5: Coding
Step 6: Content
No matter what your website is about, the content will always be the deciding factor in the success or failure of your website. It should be original, informative, relevant and shareable. Do not stuff your content with keywords, it will only harm the ranking of your website and make the content boring. Be very focused on the style of writing and also keep your writers focused on the quality of the content.
Step 7: SEO
Search Engine Optimization or SEO may seem a little too difficult to understand in the beginning but once you research it well; you will realize that it isn’t that hard as it is made out to be. Research the keywords on the basis of your website’s niche and choose the keywords according to your budget. The basic SEO rules are unique heading as well as meta-description, well-spread keywords all over the page and relevance of keywords.
Successful Websites Ideas
While the above steps were the basics of building a website, you must also keep some necessary points in mind.
- The loading time of your website must be fast. As fast as your website loads up, Google will like it even more.
- The domain name must not contain any special characters like a hyphen or a dash.
- Try to choose a web host that offers a 24*7 customer support. This is a precaution for the times when there is a problem with the server.
- Try to get traffic from as many sources as you can, do not limit your audience. There are a lot of ways to build new visitors from Google, Podcasts etc.
- Email marketing is a great way of marketing your content. So as soon as you get your website up and running, start building an email list.
- Be consistent about the frequency of publishing your content whether it is daily, weekly or monthly.
- Try to get feedback from you regular visitors from time to time. Even if they criticize your work, try to communicate with them and get to know about the issues and solve them.
- Once you have a website up and running and you also have got a fair amount of content in it, you must start making a strategy about marketing your content online. Be specific about your niche and use the Internet in the best way possible to tell people about your website.
- Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc are a great way to share your blogs and build an online audience.
- Be flexible about your attitude towards your website. Yes, you have decided on a certain plan to take your website forward but when the plan stops working, you may want to reinvent your plan and update your website. So, be prepared for every type of situation in relation to the feedback you receive from the audience.
- Update your WordPress and the plugins as soon as you can. If you do not take this step at the right time, your website may start breaking and will not load properly. The Internal and External links may also get invalid after a certain amount of time, keep an eye on it.
If you follow the above successful websites ideas, you will realize that they are going to benefit you a lot in the long run. To know more about how to Create website, you could check out CreateWebSite.Pro.